Saturday, April 17, 2004

Just got back from Paris. Well besides the wonderful Notre Dame and the Musee D'Orsay, give me London any day. Now I don't know if it was the language barrier that put me off or the general Parisian attitude. They weren't so much rude, they just seemed to think that they were better than you. Sometimes they would try tell you the score lightly, but nonetheless, they had their nose set so firmly in the air that I could see more nostrile than face (and being French, they were never trimmed). I shouldn't load the entire country into one barrel and call them all monkeys...just Paris. I would much rather stroll down the web of streets in Soho and sit in a small coffee house where some lisped queen serves me my daily dose of Earl Grey. I tried my best to speak in French to the citizens of Paris...I think that every single one of them could speak better English than Webster, yet wanted to have a poke at "the American". Well, they can take their Creme Brulee and sit on it. Perhaps I'll go back some day with a band of friends and have the time of my life, but my first impression was...well, lacking. If faced with the decission between Gay Paris and Foggy London, take my word for it: "Head for Good Queen Lizzy and give the Parisians the finger." I think I'll try to head for Italy next...maybe Spain, and I assure you I'll have my opinion. Cheerio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home