Monday, August 18, 2003

I fear it less now.
This transition upon me.
Friends heading off to college whom I'll not see for perhaps years.
I fear it less now.
I fear less the transition in the relatinship David and I share.
I sincerely love my man and he me.
Should our lives grow apart we will rejoice with each other for the time we shared.
Should our lives grow closer together we will nurture each other until we die.
So much in life is determined by your demeanor and perspective.
Seeing a closed door not as a barrier blocking our way, but as a safe guard protecting us from unforseen danger.
Seeing a trip overseas not as the end of beautiful friendships, but as the beginning of a lifetime of experiences that will help you to fertilize the seeds of friendship you already have and to plant new seeds.

Amor vincit omnia.

A latin sentence I often include post-email as a type of literary punctuation.
But what truth is there in "Love conquers all."?
...thinking...
Love...conquers...all...
YOu should see if you believe such a phrase.
It is more powerful a statement your typical three-word sentence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home