Sunday, August 31, 2003

For the past four days I have fought back fever and body aches with the seemingly futile weapons of medication.
Every time my fever breaks, it returns when the Ibuprofen wears off.
This morning I found myself in the worst sweat during this illness.
My fever broke, and the fever medicine had long since left my system.
I was so very hopeful that my body was on the up-and-up.
I took a nap because I was quite fatigued due to the sleepless night preceeding.
I awoke with body chills and a fever to accompany.
My poor spirits now crushed, I went back downstairs for more medication.
I am in such a state of weakness.
I am so mentally worn.
I just want to be rid of this troublesome ailment!
As my sickness carries on, I make rash assumptions on what I have (since the Doctor said it was simply an intestinal bug)
I came to the conclusion that I must have Cancer, West-Nile, and a Tapeworm that will not let me digest my food.
Yes, all of these are what are ailing me.
I admit, I must have a bit of hypochondria in me.
Worry always takes control of my thoughts especially when my mental state is sensitive due to my illness.
The truth is that this must be a virus that is taking more time than usual to be rid of.
The truth is that I'll not better myself by worrying.
The truth is that I soon will be well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home