Monday, September 06, 2004

My brain is beginning to pickle itself. I am itching to begin classes again at the great Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. Two weeks from today I will be hurling myself back into rigorous training for so many hours a day. And needless to say, I absolutely love it.

I have been working throughout the summer at two separate jobs. One of course my pub job, and the other a job with Cardiff Council. I have been employed temporarily to promote the festivals of the summer and now that the festivals have ended, I am left only with my pub job. I will more than likely begin work again with the council in the winter in support of 'Winter Wonderland'.

I could not easily say that my summer has been incredibly eventful, but I can definitely say that my experiences have been rich. Rich with the fodder than nourishes my creativity. Four of my friends had the misfortune of failing their first attempts at their end of year assessments and had to retake them on the first of September. Each of them asked me if I would mind having a role in their respective performances and of course I accepted. It was a fantastic experience for me just because it has helped me to start thinking and exercising my creativity before school begins on the 20th. Also to aid in my creative awakening, Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor visited my living room in their performance of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe". I also viewed Kenneth, Judi, and Emma performing Henry V in my living room as well. How lucky I am!

Speaking of lucky, I have the extreme pleasure of being able to visit the National Museum and Gallery of Wales at my leisure free of charge. Currently Raphael's 'Madonna and the Pinks' is on tour at the moment in the gallery. Brilliant how the arts council bring the masterpieces to me since it wouldn't have crossed my mind to go out and seek this particular painting, but because it was casually laid out in front of me, I thoroughly enjoyed experiencing this image of High Renaissance.

Truly, the experiences that seem to just happen or pop up are so often better than any that I could have planned. I hope to travel a bit more randomly in the future so that I can see things that I don't even know I want to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home