Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The final two performances of "The Architect" are upon us. What an amazing play by Scottish playwright, David Greig. I've taken so much away from playing the role of Billy it will be a shame to see the end of the show, and yet I cannot complain because I have a couple of very exciting weeks coming up. Next week I tour across the UK with my course mates performing a showcase of our talent. We are performing monologues and duologues in front of agents and casting directors to hopefully land some jobs in the near future. The week following we begin rehearsals for "Company" by Sondheim in which I will be playing the lead role, Bobby. For the past three shows, I've had to play English characters and therefore had to do different accents. Finally, I get to play an American! "Company" is an amazing musical written by Stephen Sondheim in the '70s. We are setting our production in the '70s so the costume are rumored to be great! My plans are to stay over on this side of the ocean for a while, so hopefully the agents will see something in me and I can sign with one of them. I'm hoping my boyfriend Tony will come around to the idea of moving to London since that is where most ov the work in theatre is. Other than that, I don't really have too much else to report. I very happy right now and excited to be doing what I love. x

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alan is fantastic. I know because I went to see for myself. His future will be wonderful and exciting because everyone he meets Loves him. All his friends and theatre cast members, directors, teachers, and anyone who has the fortunate opportunity to see him at work will know how special he is just by watching the faces around him. I was deeply touched by my visit with him. I gained a tremendous education and much greater understanding of who he is, what he loves to do, and how to look at the world with different eyes. It was life changing and I have been transformed forever. For this I thank Alan for helping raise me up from the pit of ignorance and showing me how to find the Real truth that lies deep within my soul. The old soul that was almost smothered by my own garbage. Thanks to all who Love and support Al. NOTICE: Keep an eye on him. He will help make the world a better place. (already has)
Prayerfully his,
The new and improved Dad

9:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home